Friday, October 28, 2005

No More Roofing It

Hurricane Rita Aftermath -- Final Update

Finally, my horrific ordeal is over. After 3 weeks without electricity, another week without cable television, another week without telephone service, and yet another week without (gasp!) internet access, my home is back to normal, more or less. Yesterday was a banner day: Not only did the cable modem suddenly start working again, but the roofers finished putting the new roof on the house, which means that the incessant banging finally... ceased.

Of course I'm exaggerating... my "ordeal" was really just an extended inconvenience. Many people had it -- and still have it -- a lot worse, between Katrina, Rita, and Wilma. But the experience definitely made me appreciate the little things a lot more. Like blogging.

In other words, regular updates of "Crisis on Infinite Springfields" resume today. It's good to be back.

No comments: