Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ricky Gervais Episode

"Homer Simpson: This Is Your Wife," previously discussed here back in November, is set to air March 28. The episode was written by, and stars, Ricky Gervais.

Gervais praises 'Simpsons' appearance

Tuesday, February 28 2006, 16:15 UTC - by Miriam Zendle

Ricky Gervais has said that his upcoming appearance on The Simpsons was the pinnacle of his career.

The Office star believes the show is "the greatest TV comedy of all time."

Gervais told the New York Daily News: "It was like I'd won a competition. I'm genuinely worried that Hollywood got together and talked to my doctors and found out I've only got a few months to live and said, 'Just let him do what he wants to do.'

"I'm in awe of (The Simpsons) and have been for at least 10 years. When I first got into comedy, my ambition was to get a joke on The Simpsons. So to write and star in one is ridiculous. Remarkably, I've got to a place where I'm cherry-picking jobs and I'm cherry-picking jobs (with) my heroes. I mean, really! The Simpsons!"
As usual, you can click on the image above to get the full-sized promo card.

No comments: